TEN THINGS TO LOVE ABOUT BOCA RATON
1. (Image credit/ TripAdvisor) Mizner Park – From luxury brand shopping to dining at some of the area’s most popular eateries, Mizner Park is perfect for a night out with the family or date night. Throughout the year, you can catch several fun-filled events like Summer Solstice Yoga, Shakespeare in the Park, and countless concerts and festivals. Have a taste in music? Swing by the Mizner Park Amphitheater and jam out to some of the greatest talents. There’s no shortage of things to do in Mizner – stroll through it today!
2. (Image credit/Erdman Video Systems) Boca Raton South Beach – One of the best things about living in a coastal town is the easy access to serene, breathtaking beaches. And Boca Raton South Beach, located at the end of Palmetto Park Road, features two miles of lifeguard-protected beaches. No matter the time of the year, the beach is typically packed with locals and tourists alike. Spend some time at the ocean or enjoy the various sand dunes spotted with sea oats and sea grapes. The beach is perfect for a meetup with friends or a day out with the kids – and in this summer heat, we need all the cool outdoor activities we can get!
3. (Image credit/Gumbo Limbo) Gumbo Limbo Nature Center – As a coastal city, it is no surprise that Boca is committed to ocean conservation and preservation. One of the ways we accomplish this goal is through Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, where educational programs are offered yearly in sea turtle conservation and other research done by Florida Atlantic University. Their research typically explores scientific areas like ocean acidification and the impacts on algae and corals. Have a Saturday afternoon off? Take a stroll through Gumbo Limbo’s boardwalk, count the thousands of tropical fish in their aquariums, relax in the butterfly garden, or check on the adorable patients in the sea turtle rehabilitation facility. The center is perfect for young and old nature lovers alike!
4. (Image credit/PalmBeaches.com) Town Center at Boca Raton Shopping Mall – One of South Florida’s premier luxury shopping destinations, the mall has something for everyone. Whether you’re there to shop or merely browse, you can find everything from top brands to boutiques. Raining outside? Might be time for a day at the mall! Plus, don’t forget to stop by the Food Court for a yummy soft pretzel!
5. (Image Credit/ FAU Athletics) Universities – Boca takes its focus on academia from the K-12 level to higher education, asthe home of Florida Atlantic University, Lynn University, Everglades University, and Palm Beach State College. Students come from all over the country to study at these institutions, where they take focused classes in medicine, art, and much more. There are also added perks, like FAU Stadium, which hosts the Owls and the Boca Raton Bowl on December 21. Overall, as a community, we prize giving our students the opportunity to learn – the beautiful environment is a plus!
6. (Image credit/Get Excited Adventure Club) Green initiatives – Boca is committed to staying green – and why shouldn’t we want to keep the place we call home clean? We focus on sustainability here, with energy reduction measures, resource conservation, and recycling efforts. Further, Boca stays committed to green initiatives with the a multi-point plan on reducing plastic waste and single-use items, including initatives proposed by the Mayor. This adds to the opening of new parks, the reopening of long-closed canoe and kayak trails, and expanded boating access at Lake Wyman and Rutherford Park. We want our community to stay healthy and vibrant – providing residents access to a clean, green space is one way to do so!
7. (Image credit/TripAdvisor). Parks and Recreation – Who doesn’t love a nice walk in the park? From Patch Reef to Sugar Sand, Boca offers plenty of spaces to go for a jog, take the family for a stroll, or even have a picnic. Want to go snorkeling? We have that at Red Reef Park. Want to go fishing? Try out Spanish River Park. As long as the sun is shining, it’s a beautiful day to take advantage of everything Boca’s parks have to offer.
8. (Image credit/ Facebook) Museums – It’s easy to stay connected to art and culture in Boca – just look at the many museums we have to offer! There’s Boca Raton Museum of Art for those who want to spend an afternoon browsing everything from comics to more traditional paintings. The nearby Morikami Museum and Gardens is a lovely choice for those who want to learn more about the Japanese Yamato colony for whom Yamato Road is named. And for the kids, there’s the Children’s Science Explorium in Sugar Sand Park, which features numerous programs, exhibits, and plenty of other curious wonders to keep your little ones occupied.
9. (Image credit – https://golflifenavigators.com/) Golf Courses – Ready to perfect that backswing? Well, you’re in the right place! The City of Boca Raton owns and operates multiple amazing golf courses in the Boca Raton Municipal Golf Course and the oceanfront Red Reef Course that are enjoyed by both residents and the general public alike. With grounds that are meticulously kept and beautiful scenery, your golfing experience will be a HOLE IN ONE! So, whether you go alone for a day of relaxation or have some healthy competition with friends, get your golf on in the city of Boca.
10. (Image credit – trip advisor) Boating – The open waters of Boca Raton give both residents and travel seekers from far away lands a chance to unleash their inner sea captain. Owning a boat in Boca Raton gives one a certain sense of unmatched accomplishment with its uncanny ability to bring people together. That said, Saturday and Sundays in Boca turn into quite the boat show. After cruising the waves or, in some cases, shredding them, vessels of all shapes and sizes line up side by side at renowned sandbars such as Lake Boca. The City is expanded the boat ramp at Silver Palm Park for more access for our residents.